Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Beginning.. Hyderabad travels part1


So I've been struggling with what to write about on this trip . I wondered whether to write something straight forward and then I  thought  of doing an  Anthony Bourdain style rant but no I've settled on doing what I do best. Photos!!! So for me this will be a  photo blog.  I think photos will help tell the story of this journey..my journey more then anything.
So here we go..
Due to jet lag  I wasn't able to hold a camera for anything so there are no shots of the entrance of Henry Martyn Institute ..sorry about that. But here are some incredible shots of the grounds
Later in the  day we were treated to discussion about the troubles Indiengous people in the North East of India are having.
Robinson and Ramesh "Moon" Prakshevlu discuss their mission and why they do what they do.

Ramesh and Dr.Pete V

A brief break before another lecture

"Hinduism is a League of Religions.." said Dr.M M Abraham as he expounded and explained the 4 major Religions in  India.


Dr.M M Abraham dispensing wisdom






A small road side Temple for the blessings

 Cow!!! Yes, if you look closely you will see a cow outside of  The Sri Radha Krishna Temple



 We arrived at the temple just in time for  a prayer service.

The Puja (Hindu Priest) in front of a shrine of Durga


A  shrine to Hanuman


An incredible drum machine . I want one for myself.












1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rob for the photos. I shared them with Cyanna and AJ. AJ was really looking for that cow. It took a bit for him to find it. Great photos. Thanks for posting. joy

    ReplyDelete